Strutt & Parker recognise the importance of providing a website that is inclusive and available for all user groups.
We continually work hard to ensure our website is accessible and easy to use. By designing with reference to accessibility guidelines, our aim is to meet WCAG level A and AA standards as laid out by W3C.
This website is fully 'responsive' to a maximum screen width of 1280px. If you are using a higher screen resolution most modern [and fully up-to-date] browsers (Chrome, Firefox 3.0 or later etc) will allow you to zoom in or out, thus increasing the font size, size of images etc. Whilst this may differ from browser to browser, most commonly zooming is achieved by holding the 'CTRL' key and pressing '+' or '-' on your keyboard. If you have a mouse wheel, you can also hold the 'CTRL' key and roll the wheel forwards or backwards to zoom.
We recognise that for some users the use of colours and graphics can affect their enjoyment of the site. We use colours both to help structure and segment the page content.
We have designed the majority of our pages so that they can be read by screen readers.
Key Accessibility Factors
So that you can have an improved online experience, we have incorporated the following key accessibility factors into this site:
- Present content in a meaningful order, allowing users to navigate using the keyboard through the site in a meaningful tab order.
- Populate alt tags where an image conveys essential information
- Use Blank alt tags for superfluous content to allow screen readers to skip past them
- We try not to use images containing important text
- Provide context by using good semantic markup
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content e.g videos and images
- Semantic headings are included where necessary and positioned off screen