Partner, Occupier Services
Our clients benefit from our intimate market knowledge and access to extensive transactional evidence that is key to securing business rate reductions.
Whether it is challenging rating assessments, identifying opportunities where legislation has been applied incorrectly or achieving savings by applying to local authorities for relief on empty premises, our team looks to make an impact resulting in bottom-line savings for clients.
Our rating service includes:
- Appeals to reduce the general basis of assessment
- Appearances at valuation tribunals
- Advice on the implications of transitional relief
- Maximisation of empty and other temporary reliefs
- Removal of properties from the Rating List on account of refurbishment or redevelopment
Press Association, London HQ
Savings secured of c. £1,000,000 as a result of challenging the Rateable Value
CCMP Capital, London HQ
Savings secured of c. £150,000 as a result of reducing the tone of the Rateable Value and also securing further temporary relief as a result of neighbouring building works
HOK Architects, London HQ
Savings secured of over £100,000