Head of Rural
The Autumn/Winter 2019 issue of Land Business magazine is now available, covering topics affecting the future of farm and estate management.
The only constant is change, so the old saying goes – and we are certainly entering a period of transformation in the countryside. Concern about climate change has sparked a national debate about the nature of land use. Factor in the raft of new policy and legislation on its way, the tremendous technological advances coming on-stream and changes in public expectations, and the challenge for those who manage land is huge.
Our latest issue of Land Business looks at how landowners can find opportunities in this rapidly changing world, with topics including:
- How landowners can meet the challenge of low-carbon farming and thrive?
- How a North Yorkshire estate is leading the way in measuring its natural capital?
- The shifts in demographics and consumer behaviour which present diversification opportunities to rural estates
- How technology will help the farming industry to drive productivity
- Advice on farming more sustainably from the Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust Allerton Project
We also bring you updates on the Environmental Land Management Scheme (ELMS) and the farmland market, plus analysis from the Strutt & Parker team on issues such as the need for more charging points for electric vehicles in rural areas and the potential of vertical farming systems.
To request a hard copy fill in the form below.