- 6 bedrooms
- 5 bathrooms
- 5 receptions
Period style with modern living
The Okewood Hill Estate is believed to date from the 16th Century. The Grade II listed house has stunning brick elevations with exposed timbers and part tiled elevations under a tile roof. The property underwent a refurbishment programme approximately 8 years ago and now requires some updating to bring the house up to its original standard.
This property has 11.85 acres of land.
The Okewood Hill Estate lies on the edge of the Surrey Hills, about 5 miles east of Cranleigh. A more comprehensive range of shopping and recreational facilities are found in Guildford, only 15 miles distant. Communications in the area are excellent with a commuter train service from Guildford to London Waterloo from 35 minutes. The A24 is located conveniently close by, connecting with the M25 to provide access to the national motorway network and central London.Heathrow and Gatwick airports are both within 35 miles by road.
Golf is found at Cranleigh Golf and Leisure Club, Gatton Manor Golf Club, Cranleigh School Golf Course, the West Sussex at Pulborough and the West Surrey at Enton or Bramley. Chichester Harbour offers a base for sailing and there are theatres in Guildford and Chichester. Polo is played nearby at Hurtwood Park Polo Club in Ewhurst as well as slightly further afield at Knepp Castle, Cowdray Park and Windsor. Race meetings take place at Ascot, Goodwood, Lingfield and Sandown.
There is a wide variety of very well regarded schools in the area including Cranleigh Prep & Public Schools, Hurtwood House, Charterhouse and Cranmore Prep School.
- Reception hall | Drawing room | Sitting room | Dining room | Kitchen/Breakfast room | Study | Music gallery
- Indoor swimming pool | Gymnasium | Home cinema | Master bedroom apartment | 4 Further ensuite bedrooms | Large office/ Games room/ Cinema
- Secondary office | Garaging with au pair flat above
- Detached 2 bedroom cottage
- Stabling with 4 loose boxes, stores and tackroom | Sand school | Pond | Koi carp lake | Fishing lake | Helipad
- Gardens and grounds of approximately 11.85 acres