Grade II Listed property divided into 9 self-contained flats, requiring refurbishment throughout.
- Download Brochure
Ireland House is believed to have been built in approximately 1780 and extended in 1820. It was donated to Ashburton Grammar School by Dean of Westminster John Ireland (1761-1841), who was originally from Ashburton; hence its name.
The property is located in a convenient level location, close to Ashburton town centre, within a conservation area. Laid to three storeys, the property is believed to be of traditional solid construction with rendered elevations under pitched, slate covered roofs.
Situated on the ground floor, Flats 1 and 2 benefit from their own private entrances to the front and rear respectively, with Flat 2 also benefiting from its own private courtyard garden. Accessed via the communal entrance to the side of the property, Flat 3 is also situated on the ground floor, with Flats 4-6 on the first floor and Flats 7-9 on the second/top floor. The property requires internal refurbishment throughout and redecoration and some general maintenance to the exterior.
Outside to the rear of the property and approached via stone steps is a large and generally level communal garden, informally divided into two by fencing. Predominantly laid to lawn, there is also a wide variety of mature shrubs, hedges, and trees. The garden would benefit from some general clearing, tidying, and minor landscaping.
There is a large level car parking area to the side of the building, laid to tarmac and enclosed by mature stone walling, with the ability to park approximately one car per flat.
Location - Known as the southern gateway to Dartmoor, the former stannary town of Ashburton dates from Saxon times. It has a thriving community and a diverse range of shopping facilities including independent artisan shops, a bakery, delicatessen, fish deli, greengrocers, post office, traditional butchers, numerous cafes, inns and pubs, restaurants, an OFSTED rated good primary school, and South Dartmoor Community College. In recent years the town has become a local hub for antiques and crafts.
Ashburton is located on the southern slopes of Dartmoor National Park, which offers superb facilities for riding, walking, fishing, and golf; including the popular Stover Golf Club. Ireland House is located less than a mile from the A38 Devon Expressway, connecting both Exeter and Plymouth, and leading to the M5 motorway.
Local Authority - Dartmoor National Park.
Services - Mains water, drainage, gas, and electric connected. Please note the property is currently drained down and the gas meters have been removed with the supplies capped.
Council Tax - At the time of printing, all nine flats fall within Council Tax band A.
Listing - "Ireland House Including Wall To Right With Letterbox" is Grade II Listed under List Entry Number 1282882.
Tenure - Freehold.
This property has 0.39 acres of land.Read all
You may also like
Station Yard, Ashburton, Newton Abbot, Devon
Bickington, Newton Abbot, Devon