An outstanding and historical Grade II listed manor house of medieval origins with spectacular gardens, grounds, equestrian facilities and distant southerly views to the South Downs
- Download Brochure
Morley Manor is listed Grade II as being of 17th century origin and has been recorded from at least 1650. It was perhaps named from the family of John Morley who was a parishioner in 1652. The original property has been subsequently extended so that it now offers a fine family home of considerable character. Externally, the oldest part of the house is brick part timbered and after an extensive refurbishment is now finished to the highest standard of craftsmanship down to the last detail.
This property has 14.25 acres of land.
Morley Manor is situated in a fine rural location within the hamlet of Shermanbury which is about 8 miles to the south east of Horsham and similar distance to the west of Haywards Heath. Local shopping facilities are available at the nearby villages of Cowfold, Henfield and Partridge Green whilst the larger centres of Horsham and Haywards Heath provide comprehensive facilities and main line rail services to London (Victoria/London Bridge). The A23 is about 5 miles distant providing access to Gatwick Airport, the M23/M25 and the national motorway network. There are excellent schools located nearby including Farlington, Handcross Park, Cottesmore, Hurstpierpoint College and the coastal town of Brighton.Read all
- Manor House - Ground Floor: Porch, reception hall, family room (snug including wine cellar), study, dining room, drawing room, galleried hallway, cloakroom, kitchen/breakfast room, utility room, orangery, boiler room including shower room.
- First Floor: Master bedroom with dressing area and ensuite, two further bedrooms with ensuite, library, annex living room, annex bedroom with ensuite.
- Second Floor: Dressing room.
- Courtyard: Ground Floor Stable Block: Nine Loddon Stables, two oak stables, heated rug room, laundry room, bathroom, horse washdown bay with hot and cold water,
- heated tack room, boiler room, oak tack room, tractor barn, machine room, tool shed.
- First Floor Stable Block: Apartment One: Entrance hall, open plan sitting room/kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom.
- Apartment Two: Entrance hall, open plan sitting room/kitchen, one bedroom, bathroom.
- Coach House: Bedroom.
- Stables: Three Loddon Stables, horse solarium area and washdown bay.
- Garage Block: Gym, two double garages, two loft bedrooms, pagoda parking area.
- Grounds: Two gated entrances, sweeping main driveway, secondary driveway, formal gardens, lily pond, double oak garage, tennis court with patio areas and pavilion, outdoor bar and bbq, hot tub, pool house that includes lounge areas, shower room, wc, changing room and sauna, outdoor swimming pool, greenhouse, summer house, firepit and seated area, walled gardens, croquet lawn, oak walkway, two dog kennels, dog compound, aviary, lake, bandstand with jetty, woodland, olympic sized all weather sand school arena with training mirrors, post and railed paddocks with water and electric fencing, donkey house, double field shelter, stallion pen.
- In all about 14.25 acres.
You may also like
Fryland Lane, Wineham, Henfield, West Sussex
Kent Street, Cowfold, Horsham