A substantial Grade II listed country house with glorious views, annexe, river frontage and grounds extending to about 38 acres.
Green Farm is a substantial Grade II listed country house dating in parts from the early 17th century with a symmetrical front facade with Stucco tiles under a tiled roof. The central portion of the property was extended in the mid 19th century with the remainder being converted more recently to form the vaulted living room, garaging/wine cellar and annexe. Green Farm is an excellent family home with swimming pool, tennis court and substantial annexe in a stunning setting and convenient location. EPC exempt.
This property has 38 acres of land.
The formal gardens are mostly laid to lawn with established borders, specimen shrubs and a number of mature trees. In the middle of the main lawn is a stunning Walnut Tree in which is built a bespoke treehouse. There is a children's play area with swings and slide between the outdoor heated swimming pool and the tennis court. To the south of the garden, is the majority of the agricultural land of which about 25 acres are farmed by a local farmer under a licence agreement. The land extends all the way to the River Wey, with beautiful views towards Binsted.
Green Farm is privately positioned in the village of Bentley, less than a mile from the station with regular trains to London Waterloo. Bentley is a popular village to the west of Farnham with a church, public house, primary school, nursery, shop and recreation ground with playground and cricket pitch. Bentley is surrounded by glorious open countryside with walking, riding and fishing at Alice Holt Forest and Frensham Little Pond, plus sailing at the Great Pond. The nearby Georgian town of Farnham has a good range of hight street and independent shops, supermarkets and recreational facilities. There is an excellent choice of state, private and boarding schools in Farnham, Guildford and the surrounding areas including Bentley Primary School, Lord Wandsworth College, Frensham Heights, Edgeborough and Charterhouse. Communications are first class with the A31/ A3 and A331/M3 providing links to London and the south coast. Gatwick, Heathrow and Southampton airports are all accesible in under an hour.
From Farnham head south west towards Winchester on the A31 for just over 4 miles. Leave the A31 at the junction signposted to Bentley. At the top of the slip road turn left followed by an immediate right into The Drift. The house is the third property on the left hand side.Read all
- Substantial Grade II listed country home extending to over 5100 sq ft
- Attached one bedroom annexe with vaulted ceilings totalling 1132 sq ft
- Impressive vaulted sitting room 31 x 29 ft with doors to the terrace and garden
- Country style kitchen with AGA leading to Family room with Clearview wood burner
- Well proportioned drawing room, dining room & study
- Principal bedroom with en suite bathroom and particularly spacious dressing room
- Five further bedrooms and two family bathrooms, two cloakrooms
- Garaging, wine cellar, workshop
- Tennis court, heated swimming pool and Hot tub beneath thatched breeze house
- Stunning grounds and land extending in all to about 38 acres (about 25 acres let to a local farmer)
- Map & Street View
You may also like
Pottery Lane, Wrecclesham, Farnham, Surrey