The partnership is 130 years old and has undergone a number of transformations since it was established by Mr Strutt and Mr Parker in 1885.
- 1885 - Strutt & Parker founded
Two friends, Edward Gerald Strutt and Charles Alfred Parker become business partners and form Strutt & Parker with their first office in Finsbury Circus, London.
- 1888 - Total office salaries amounted to £300.
- 1896 - Strutt & Parker managed 3,000 acres of land (today it's 1.5m acres).
- 1914/18 - Edward Strutt advises the Board of Agriculture on national agricultural policy during the First World War.
- 1934 - Strutt & Parker opens second office
Despite the Stock Market crash, Strutt & Parker opens its second office in Lewes and places Major Carlisle Sayer as the partner in charge.
- 1935 - Strutt & Parker celebrates its Golden Jubilee with a dinner at the Holborn Restaurant, London. The firm is now well established and employs some 50 staff. Its London head office is now in Russell Square.
- 1939 - A Hurricane parked on Essex farmland
During the Second World War land agency work involved a crash course in requisitioning large areas of land for military occupation, rationing of animal feeding stuffs, the slaughter of woodlands and the control of the War Agricultural Committees. The management of estates was kept going by a handful of devoted people who worked 12-hour days seven days a week.
- 1948 - Turnover is £40,000
- 1955 - Merger with Lofts & Warner, a rural estate agency. For a time the firm is known as Strutt & Parker Lofts & Warner.
- 1962/1979 - Under Mark Strutt's leadership, the firm's activities become more diverse, reflecting changes in the world of property and business.
- 1967 - Strutt & Parker's commercial division is formed.
- 1968 - Head Office moves to 13 Hill Street, London.
- 1977 - First farm sold where price exceeded £1,000 per acre.
- 1981 - Heveningham Hall in Suffolk sells for £726,000.
- 1982 - Last member of the Strutt family dies.
- 1983 - A programme of nationwide expansion is completed, with offices now in Canterbury, Chelmsford, Cheltenham, Chester, Exeter, Edinburgh, Grantham, Harrogate, Ipswich, Norwich and Salisbury.
- 2007 - Strutt & Parker merges with Lane Fox and the firm doubles in size to 50 offices. The merger strengthens Strutt & Parker's residential agency offering.
- 2011 - Strutt & Parker has 800 staff and over 45 offices
Strutt & Parker now has 800 staff working in over 45 offices around the UK. The property partnership provides a wide range of services: residential sales and lettings, commercial agency and investment, land management, farming, development, sporting, building surveying, planning and a whole host of other professional services.
- 2012 - Exclusive UK affiliate of Christie's International Real Estate
Strutt & Parker has become the exclusive UK affiliate of Christie's International Real Estate, joining the world's leading network of luxury residential real estate specialists across 42 countries. This affiliation significantly enhances Strutt & Parker's international profile, enabling us to provide UK clients with unparalleled exposure to international buyers throughout the world.
- 2013 - As Strutt & Parker continues to fulfil its strategy for growth it has acquired a new larger base for its City office at Aviva’s 20 Gracechurch Street, EC3. The move from Angel Court, EC2 is a key part of Strutt & Parker’s plans to grow its City team and expand the commercial services offered in London’s financial and business centre.
- 2013 - Strutt & Parker and Catella sign an international alliance agreement. The exclusive alliance provides pan European transactional and consultancy advice in the office, retail and industrial markets.
- 2013 - Strutt & Parker's residential estate agency open two new offices in rival cities Cambridge and Oxford.
- 2014 - Strutt & Parker partner with Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity in order to raise £200,000 to support the charity’s Raising the Roof appeal, helping to fund the expansion of The JN and Phyllis Somers Neurosciences Centre. A charity cookery book was created by our company featuring 52 celebrity recipes by high profile actors, singers, chefs, politicians and sports people in aid of the charity.
- 2014 - Strutt & Parker formed an alliance with Millennium Group in order to strengthen our international reach. Millennium Group is based in Hong Kong and operates across Asia advising private families and institutions with global commercial and residential projects.
- 2015 - Strutt & Parker teams up with Bayhead Advisers for new real estate finance service. Bayhead Advisers work with Strutt & Parker’s commercial teams to offer debt sourcing, structuring and execution services to assist investors on the acquisition side to price and secure target assets and on the sales side to demonstrate liquidity and to achieve greater certainty of execution.
- 2015 - Strutt & Parker financial results for the year ended 30 April 2015 show a record level of turnover and profit. The results are the best that the firm has ever reported, with revenues rising overall by 9%, leading to an increase in profit of 13%. The boost in performance was led by the Commercial group, where revenues increased 26% as a result of having completed a number of high-profile property transactions.
- 2015 - Strutt & Parker's residential estate agency teams grow to 43 following acquisiton of Buckinghamshire-based Roberts Newby as well as Surrey and Berkshire-based residential estate agency Edwards & Elliott. These acquisitions are a key part of our continued plan for growth, particularly in the Home Counties.