Aidan is an Equity Partner of Strutt & Parker LLP, having been promoted in 2010.
Qualifying as a Chartered Surveyor in 1998, Aidan joined the investment team of Wright Oliphant, concentrating on investment transactions in the City of London, becoming an Associate Director in 1999. Strutt & Parker LLP acquired Wright Oliphant and Aidan transferred to the Head Office to join the National Markets Investment team in 2001. He returned to the City of London to head the Investment and Development team in 2012.
Aidan is recognised as an influential and successful deal maker with over 19 years of experience advising on real estate investment, development (funding and consultancy) and value enhancement initiatives in the City of London, with further experience in the office and industrial sectors throughout the UK.
Acting on behalf of domestic and international investors including major institutional pension funds, life assurance companies, property companies, opportunity funds, private equity and high net worth investors, Aidan has advised on a wide range of transactions including:
- Acquisition of 110 Cannon Street, London EC4 for a private Chinese investor for £93 million (as their debut UK acquisition) from USS
- Sale for Land Securities of Times Square, London EC4 for £287.500 million to Blackstone
- Development and funding consultancy on behalf of Sir John Madejski and Sackville Properties in respect of Station Hill, Reading the largest town centre, mixed use regeneration project in the South East of England
- Advised Brookfield on the acquisition of a junior debt position in City Point, London EC2 for £75 million (off-market) from Mount Kellet
- Sale of a mixed sector nationwide portfolio for £55 million on behalf of Aberdeen Property Investors
- Acquisition of 47 Mark Lane, London EC3 for DTZInvestors for £73.500 million (off-market)
- Acquisition for AEW Europe of Wimbledon Bridge House for £40 million and the subsequent sale to Hermes REIM for £58.750 million
- Acquisition of Moorgate Exchange, London EC2 for Brookfield for £211 million
- Refinancing for Erste IFE of 3 Minster Court, London EC3 and the subsequent sale of the 50% interest for £85 million
- Sale of BSkyB's headquarters in Brentford for over £70 million on behalf of Standard Life Investments
- Acquisition for Welput of Bury House, London EC3 for £23 million
- Sale of Moor Place, London EC2 for Brookfield for £271 million to a Hong Kong conglomerate
- Acquisition of a portfolio of City of London office buildings from Land Securities for £70 million (off-market)
- Sale of Mole Business Park, Leatherhead for Hermes REIM to Rockspring for £38 million
- Sale for AEW Europe of Exchequer Court, London EC3 for £105 million (having originally advised on the acquisition for £82.500 million)
- Restructure of existing debt and replacement of joint venture partner of Dunsfold Park, Surrey on behalf of Rutland Group for £45 million (the Top Gear test track!)
- Acquisition of 55 Mark Lane for a private Chinese investor for £90 million
- Purchase of Capital Tower, Cardiff (Wales' tallest commercial building!) on behalf of Strathclyde Pension Fund
- Forward funding of Big Sam, a 250,000 sq ft distribution warehouse in Bolton on behalf of Aberdeen Property Investors
- Acquisition of Cadburys national distribution centre (full of chocolate!) for £35 million for Hines
- Sale for Greenhills Real Estate of a nationwide portfolio of industrial properties for £100 million
Aidan is a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors having graduated with an Estate Surveying Honours Degree from Nottingham Trent University.