A detached period cottage in need of complete modernisation situated in a convenient rural position with land. About 3 acres. BEST & FINAL OFFERS IN WRITING BY 12PM ON WEDNESDAY 28TH AUGUST 2019.
- Download Brochure
Monks Forest Cottage is thought to be Edwardian or Victorian with later additions. Externally the cottage presents mellow red brick elevations with some tile hanging. The cottage is in need of complete modernisation and provides accommodation over two floors.
From the covered open porch a panelled door leads through into the generous kitchen/dining room which has a bay window and a further beautiful stained glass window depicting two agricultural scenes and two birds. The sitting room has a brick fireplace and in addition there is a generous utility room and a sun room which is in need of repair or replacement. Two bedrooms, a bathroom and a cloakroom complete the ground floor accommodation. On the first floor there is a vaulted bedroom and a box room.
Best & Final Offers All interested parties are to submit their Best and Final Offer in writing to Strutt & Parker's Lewes office by midday on Wednesday 28th August 2019. It is intended that a quick decision will then be made, so that solicitors can be instructed immediately. For your guidance, we recommend that your offer:
1) Is for a specific sum of money and we recommend that it should be for an odd sum in order to reduce the chance of identical offers being received. No escalating or ladder bids (ones calculable by reference to another bid) will be considered. Only one offer per person will be considered.
2) Confirms the basis on which your offer is made, e.g. " subject to contract only and not subject to any planning consents, any further surveys or inspections by us or anyone on our behalf ", or whatever conditions are relevant to your offer.
3) Confirms that the necessary funding is readily available. If obtaining mortgage finance, please provide a copy of your mortgage offer in principle. Please confirm that the purchase will not be dependent on any other matter.
4) Confirms when you are prepared to exchange contracts, e.g. " we are willing and able to exchange contracts within 21 working days ", or whatever timescale is relevant to your offer.
5) Confirms the required date for completion.
6) Is in writing (either a hardcopy or by email) addressed to Tim Page-Ratcliff and clearly marked 'Monks Forest Cottage'. Please do not hesitate to telephone our office in order to check that your bid has been safely received.
7) Includes the name, address and telephone number of your solicitor.
This property has 3 acres of land.
Monks Forest Cottage is approached via a shared entrance drive, from which a wooden five-bar entrance gate gives access to the property's private gravel drive which leads up to the house. The drive is bordered on two sides by lawns, one of which includes a small ornamental pond with water lilies. To the rear of the property there is a further lawned area of garden. Bordering the garden on two sides is the property's mixed woodland. The garden and woodland provide a lovely setting for the property. About 3 acres.
The property is located in a highly convenient rural position about 1.75 miles to the north of the village of Balcombe which provides a general store, tea rooms, public house, a primary school and church together with a mainline train station to London (London Victoria approximately 50 minutes). The regional centres in the area Crawley, Haywards Heath and East Grinstead are about 5.5, 6 and 7.5 miles respectively. The M23 lies approximately 2 miles to the west, providing fast access to the M25 and thus the national motorway network. Gatwick Airport is approximately 10 miles to the north west.
Travelling south on the M23, take the exit at junction 10A signposted Balcombe. At the roundabout take the exit signposted Balcombe (B2036). Proceed along the B2036 for approximately 1.25 miles and having passed the Cowdray Arms public house on the left, continue for approximately a further 0.4 mile and the shared driveway leading to Monks Forest Cottage will be found on the right and is marked as Deer Wood Cottage. Proceed down the shared entrance drive and the wooden five-bar gate leading to Monks Forest Cottage will be found on the right.Read all
- 20' Sitting room
- 20' Kitchen/dining room
- Sun room - in need of repair or replacement
- Utility room
- Three bedrooms
- Box room
- Lawned garden
- About 3 acres
- EPC Rating F
You may also like
Handcross Road, Staplefield, Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Copthorne Common, Copthorne, Crawley, West Sussex