A high quality home in a wonderful setting
This Grade II Listed stone farmhouse of approximately 2400 sq. ft. is particularly pretty and takes full advantage of the exceptional surroundings. Refurbished and extended to a high standard including a completely new roof and new external oak windows and doors throughout. Render has been removed and all stone walls repaired and repointed in lime mortar. Lime plaster has been used throughout and helps retain its traditional appearance. The farmhouse has the balance of modern conveniences such as under floor heating to the ground floor, with retained features typical of a period building. There is a dramatic hall with its original flagstone floor relayed and a restored inglenook fireplace. A drawing room lies adjacent, again with a restored stone inglenook fireplace. There is also an additional reception room which could be utilised as a sitting room or dining room. The kitchen is of a particularly good size with oak units and granite worktops. There are a number of cupboards and units with space for a range of white goods. There is also provision for a Range or Aga, subject to separate negotiation within the original fire opening. A new oak staircase leads to the first floor landing featuring mature oak boards with doors leading to four bedrooms, two of which enjoy en suite shower rooms, whilst the further bedrooms are served by the family bathroom, for which there is a choice of sanitary ware. The property has been completely rewired and benefits from new oil fired central heating and plumbing. This property needs to be viewed to appreciate the value and quality of the complete renovation works.
THERE ARE ALSO ADDITIONAL RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES AND LAND - UP TO ABOUT 12 ACRES - contact the agent for details
This property has 2.3 acres of land.
Accessed off its own dedicated driveway, the farmhouse has a large parking area. Adjacent is a detached outbuilding comprising a double garage with a storeroom to the rear. The first floor comprises accommodation of approximately 650 sq. ft. which could be used as a granny flat/studio/home office, subject to the necessary consents. This building has been completely restored including a new roof.
• Set in the beautiful valleys of Radnorshire, near to the small village of Llangunllo, Pen y Clawdd is a property which takes full advantage of the magnificent landscape that surrounds it.
• Within easy striking distance is Knighton and Llandrindod Wells, a former spa town and the county town of Powys. Both offer a wide range of shopping, educational and recreational activities. Ludlow, to the east, is renowned for its interesting architecture, Michelin starred restaurants and vibrant festivals, retaining an immense popularity with both locals and visitors alike.
• Renowned for its Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there are wonderful outdoor pursuits available on the doorstep along with many other local attractions.
From Knighton head west on the A488 towards Llandrindod Wells and continue, turning right to Llanbister and the Rally School. Follow this road into the village of Llangunllo before turning left before The Grey Hound public house. Follow this lane for about 1.3 miles turning right at the cross roads. After 0.2 miles the entrance to the Farm House is on the left hand side through a gate.Read all
- • Hall, Three reception rooms, Kitchen/dining room, Utility room, WC
- • Four bedrooms, Three bath/shower rooms (two ensuite)
- • Outbuilding
- Map & Street View