A stunning refurbished moated property with exceptional equestrian facilities
- Download Brochure
Accessed via electric gates the house is approached by a bridge over the moat. The impressive brick built house sits proudly on its own island and provides excellent and light accommodation. Double glazed throughout and presented to a high standard; of particular note are the oak floorboards and Clive Christian kitchen.
This is a fantastic and generous family house offering privacy and seclusion. Exquisite formal gardens lead through to the outdoor pool which is neatly hidden away within a walled area and bounded by the games room and a covered recreation area. A large patio extends from the house with steps leading down to the moat.
A recently installed wooden arched bridge connects the patio to the garden and wooded area on the far side of the moat.
Equestrian facilities Used to train dressage horses, the comprehensive and impressive equestrian facilities have been improved significantly over the last ten years. Facilities include an immaculate stable yard with 12 loose boxes, 6 temporary boxes, a manège built by Martin Collins, a lunge ring, sand surfaced paddocks, grass paddocks and accommodation for grooms and staff. The Moat House is ideally located adjacent to the Downs Link bridle path, providing miles of uninterrupted riding.
This property has 10 acres of land.
Set in a rural yet convenient location, about 2.5 miles from the thriving market town of Horsham which offers a comprehensive range of facilities including Swan Walk shopping centre and The Carfax with its cobbled streets and varied restaurant quarter.
There is easy access to the M23 and wider motorway network. The area boasts a number of excellent state and private schools for all ages including Southwater Infant and Junior Academies, Castlewood Primary School, Christs Hospital, Millais Girls and Forest Boys Schools, Tanbridge School, Farlington Girls School, Pennthorpe and Cottesmore.Read all
- Reception hall, Dining room, Drawing room, Sitting room, Conservatory, Study/Library, Snug, Kitchen/Breakfast room, Utility room, Boot room, Cloakroom
- Master bedroom suite, Four further bedrooms (two en suite), Two family bath/shower rooms.
- Swimming pool and recreation area including games room, kitchenette, changing room, sauna
- Stocked moat
- Three bedroom Coach House, One bedroom stable flat
- Extensive equestrian facilities including 12 loose boxes, 6 temporary boxes, Tack room, Staff room, Therapy room, Solarium, Manège by Martin Collins, Lunge pen, Paddocks
- Gardens and grounds of approximately 10 acres
You may also like
Denne Park House, Denne Park, Horsham, West Sussex
Denne Park, Horsham